Our OrganizationWatch Video
Scotia Village is a faith-based, not-for-profit division of the The Presbyterian Homes, Inc. (PHI). Opened in 1988, it is one of three continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) operated and managed by PHI. Our CARF-CCAC accreditation and our excellent rating by Medicare affirm our outstanding reputation and our commitment to enhancing and extending the lives of those who call Scotia Village home.
People move to Scotia Village from all over the country to enjoy an exceptional way of life while securing their future. It is not just a place to live; it’s a way to live.
The Presbyterian Homes, Inc
The Presbyterian Homes, Inc. (PHI) was formed in 1944 to found a community for seniors. In 1952, The Presbyterian Home of High Point opened in High Point, North Carolina. It was the second such community in North Carolina and the first to receive CARF-CCAC accreditation.
PHI opened its second continuing care retirement community, Scotia Village, in 1988. Located in Laurinburg, North Carolina, the community became widely recognized for its lush landscape and exceptional service.
Glenaire, the third PHI community, opened in 1993. Located in the heart of Cary, North Carolina, it has earned a reputation for being the place to retire in the town.
River Landing at Sandy Ridge, the newest and largest PHI community, opened in 2003. Located in the heart of the Triad, its golf course and tennis court draws people from all over the country.
In 2009, The Presbyterian Home of High Point closed and its residents moved to River Landing, just down the road.
The mission of The Presbyterian Homes, Inc., and its communities is to provide senior adults with caring and high quality services in support of their physical, intellectual, social and spiritual well-being. We are a church-related, non-profit community service organization that meets the needs of senior adults in a spiritually nurturing setting.
In carrying out its mission, The Presbyterian Homes, Inc. and its communities value:
- Respect: Respect the dignity, rights, and personal privacy of each resident at all stages of life.
- Independence: Provide an environment that fosters independence, health, and security so that each resident may realize his or her full potential and maintain an active lifestyle.
- Choices: Respect residents, individual needs and preferences, and we offer a variety of housing, dining, activity and health care choices.
- Wellness: Provide senior adults with the communities and the resources they need to pursue healthy active lifestyles.
- Health Services: Committed to offering high quality health services to meet the changing needs of residents.
- Stewardship: Operate with high ethical standards on a fiscally responsible basis and strive to provide financial assistance to those we serve when needed.
Want to Schedule a Tour?
Need More Information? Ready to Move?