OR SCROLL FOR MORE
Scotia Village is a faith-based, not-for-profit division of the The Presbyterian Homes, Inc. (PHI). Opened in 1988, it is one of three continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) operated and managed by PHI. Our CARF-CCAC accreditation and our excellent rating by Medicare affirm our outstanding reputation and our commitment to enhancing and extending the lives of those who call Scotia Village home.
People move to Scotia Village from all over the country to enjoy an exceptional way of life while securing their future. It is not just a place to live; it’s a way to live.
The Presbyterian Homes, Inc. (PHI) was formed in 1944 to found a community for seniors. In 1952, The Presbyterian Home of High Point opened in High Point, North Carolina. It was the second such community in North Carolina and the first to receive CARF-CCAC accreditation.
PHI opened its second continuing care retirement community, Scotia Village, in 1988. Located in Laurinburg, North Carolina, the community became widely recognized for its lush landscape and exceptional service.
Glenaire, the third PHI community, opened in 1993. Located in the heart of Cary, North Carolina, it has earned a reputation for being the place to retire in the town.
River Landing at Sandy Ridge, the newest and largest PHI community, opened in 2003. Located in the heart of the Triad, its golf course and tennis court draws people from all over the country.
In 2009, The Presbyterian Home of High Point closed and its residents moved to River Landing, just down the road.